What You Need to Get started:
- 2 Meter FM radio with a soundcard interface to your computer.
- Download and install AGWTracker and UZ7HO Soundmodem.
- Configure Soundmodem for 1200 baud AX.25 AFSK
- Set your radio on APRS frequency (144.39 MHz or 144.41MHz), start soundmodem.
- Configure AGWTracker….Tools>Setup>Program Properties>Station: Your APRS SSID or call, GPS coordinates (enter manually for fixed station)
- Maps….To start with you can download the UIView maps . They need to be unzipped to your AGWTracker maps directory. (Look for the path in Setup>Program Properties>Maps)
- Once you have maps in the directory run your mouse to the top of the AGWTracker page across a small folder and click to load map from the maps folder.
- The various parts of the program are selected by clicking on tabs on the screen. The Monitor window should show if things are working by printing decoded packet strings from stations.